Grand National 2017 Voting Page

Please add details of the voting on the 2017 Grand National to this page

398 Responses to Grand National 2017 Voting Page

1. moreen says:

….oh, I didn’t mean ‘bye’ as in I’m going out and I could some time…..predictive (?) text makes me say weird things in a verbal Dr Strangelove sort of way…..

2. buffalotom says:

Hello, another newcomer here. Been following the discussion with great interest and have come up with the following, based mostly on the trends for longer distance placings and plenty of recent runs and reasonable form. Have bet only on the top 3, but would have a bet on Bless the Wings as my 4th choice if he gets in at the last minute.

6pts- Raz de Maree: My main bet, each-way at 50-1. Proven stayer, in better recent form than when finishing 8th
    in 2014, so I’m hoping the extra weight won’t prevent an improvement.

5pts- Gas Line Boy: Each-way at 100-1. I picked Vics Canvas last year and hoping that Gas Line Boy will do a
    similar job of nicking a place at long odds. Very hit and miss over longer distances, but
    most of the misses were on heavy ground. Running consistently since change of yard.

4pts- Blaklion- Win only at 14-1. Not certain to stay, but fits most of the trends identified.
    3pts- The Young Master
    2pts-Just A Par
    1pt- Vicente

3. Mark says:

My vote is as follows:

6pts – Thunder and Roses (nap)

5pts – Blaklion

3pts – one for Arthur
    2pts – more of that
    1pt – the young master

Thank you…….

5. Wayward Lad says:

Hi Everyone,
    my choices, it seems to be getting more difficult each year

6. Vicente
    5. Raz de Maree
    4. Just a Par
    3. Thunder and Roses
    5. Hoblon des Obeaux
    6. St. Are

6. Rocky_Road says:

My views are largely unchanged from last time, as follows

6 points – More of That
    5 points – Definitly Red
    4 points – Saphir du rheu
    3 points – Blaklion
    2 points – Cause of causes
    1 point – Double Shuffle.

Good luck all, main thing is that all horses and jockeys come back safely.

7. Guru9 says:

6pts- Cause of causes(NAP0
    5pts- Ucello conti
    4pts- Definitly red
    3pts- Blaklion
    2pts- Rogue angel
    1pt- Raz de maree

Can you please put this in the table

Hi guys,

My selections for this year…

6pts – Houblon Des Obeaux

4pts- Definitly red
    3pts- Blaklion
    2pts- Rogue angel
    1pt- Raz de maree

Can you please put this in the table

Hi Guru9 be delighted unless you’re guru8 in disguise! Adding it now

All caught up including Guru9 whose post is pending at the moment.

11. Showlad says:

Well it’s a pleasure to be on here tonight.

Our vote closes, as tradition, tomorrow night at midnight.

Anyone posting later than that then obviously needs to update the table, as those updating – mainly Lucky Vane – and their much appreciated hard work is done at midnight tomorrow ;)

OK my study begins…I have a hopefully not misguided feeling that I am I going to be there this year..

It’s been organisedconfusion here. Showlad but I’ll be ready for the table tomorrow night. Anyone posting late I will give a final check.

13. Showlad says:

Thanks Lucky Vane for bringing me up to date with the StateofPlay ;)

14. Guru8 says:

For anyone wondering Guru9 is a friend that wanted to get involved and is different from me !
    My tips are more reliable lol

15. peterthepig says:

Hello Good stuff on here, as ever.
    Thanks to all for your hard work and here are my points this year:

6 points Blaklion
    5 points Raz De Maree
    4 points Thunder and Roses
    3 points Roi Des Francs
    2 points Cause of Causes
    1 point Vicente (but it was a close run thing with Ucello Conti)

Thanks!

Note to self, begin next lot of counting with PeterThePig

Racing from Aintree looks abysmnal tomorrow. You’re up to Foxhunters (4.05) before the field size is in double figures. Still Silviniaco Conti should lap it up in small fields and could be best bet of day.

abysmnal (abysmal: is the word that I wanted)

18. moreen says:

If abysmanal isn’t a proper word it should be; but how come your computer allowed it? Mine hardly let’s me write anything and, when it does it changes it into something unrecognisable. I’ll probably tip the winner of the race and it will change it to something else (this is now my excuse for everything….)

It underlines any unusual words , but once I press enter it forces it to accept it. Sometimes it underlines words if I’m not using the american spelling. Makes me doubt myself sometime that I refer to a dictionary just to see if I spelling correctly. The online dictionary is mostly used because it’s convenient.

It’s taken a lot of deliberation and many sleepless nights but here are this year’s final six.

6pts – Vieux Lion Rouge (NAP)
    5pts – Cause Of Causes
    4pts – The Last Samuri
    3pts – Ucello Conti
    2pts – One For Arthur
    1pt – Wonderful Charm

Good Luck everyone and don’t forget I’ll be using everyone’s final picks to determine this year’s King of the National for a bit of fun.

21. elliekak says:

Hello folks, my 6 are:
    6, Saint Are
    5, Vicente
    4, More of that
    3, Vieux Lion Rouge
    2, Houblon
    1, Just a par

To be honest, my money so far has been on Raz de Maree. But I expect the ground will scupper his chances. Thanks for taking care of the table Lucky Vane. I’m sure everyone appreciates it. Good luck everyone.

22. ewok says:

Hello,
    6 – Vicente
    5 – The Young Master
    4 – One for Arthur
    3 – Just a Par
    2 – MeasureofmyDreams
    1 – Houblon des Obeaux

23. majorattraction says:

Morning all, L.V. due to Pendra (Nap) being withdrawn please update my vote with Bishops Road as my replacement 6 point nap. Thanks…. this is the third horse I have had to change in the vote…3rd time lucky?

Great blog this year, great work with the table L.V. Good luck to all, almost forgot welcome to all newcomers Harjack etc.

24. super keno says:

LV/Supersub – as Pendra has been withdrawn can i please amend my vote to

3pts Definitly Red

Cheers

25. Just So says:

Here are my Top 6:

6 pts Vieux Lion Rouge (NAP)
    5 pts Vicente
    4 pts Just A Par
    3 pts Last Samuri
    2 pts Ucello Conti
    1 pt Le Mercurey

As pendra is now a non runner can i alter my 6

6 pnts houblon
    5 pnts lord windy
    4 pnts vicente
    3 pnts thunder
    2 pnts saphir
    And my replacement
    1 pnt stellar notion

Thanks and good luck everyone

27. hellodandy says:

My amended vote
    6 points Saphir
    5 cause of causes
    4 doctor harper
    3 houblon
    2 blaklion
    1 la vaticane

Vote amendment after the withdrawal of Pendra…

6pts – Houblon Des Obeaux
    5pts – Raz De Maree
    4pts – Blaklion
    3pts – Measureofmydreams
    2pts – One For Arthur
    1pt – Ballynagour

Cheers.

29. aj2k77 says:

This forum has proven to be another brilliant read in the week/s leading up to the greatest race in the world. Nevermind if no one hits a winner again this year, just reading all the stats and points of view greatly increases the fun and excitement of the build up to the big race and I’m sure most on here would agree with that sentiment. So a big thanks from me to all those offering their views.

On to my predictions

1. Saphir Du Rheu 6pts NAP
    2. Vieux Lion Rouge 5pts
    3. Vicente 4pts
    4. Bless the Wings 3pts
    5. Just a Par 2 pts
    6. Cause of Causes 1pt

Had a bet on all of the above.

30. harjake says:

Lucky Vane just to make sure you didn’t miss my vote on the Final Countdown page, here it is again unchanged. If you did pick it up as I expect, you can ignore this! Many thanks.

6 points More of That
    5 points Vicente
    4 points Blaklion
    3 points Saint Are
    2 points Cause of Causes
    1 point Highland Lodge

So far I have had a bet on all the above except Blaklion and CoC. Hoping for nice odds on Saturday morning for those. Good luck everyone.

31. quazeehorses says:

Il take out pendra 3pts and put in the young master 3pts
    Quazeehorses

The suspense is killing me

How long till the table goes up?!

33. Louis says:

6 Points Vieux Lion Rouge
    5 Points Vicente
    4 Points Highland Lodge
    3 Points Cause of Causes
    2 Points Blaklion
    1 Point Lord Windermere

Good luck all

34. fatspanner says:

Top 6 for me

6pts – Raz de Maree (Nap)
    5 – Vieux Lion Rouge
    4 – Saphir Du Rheu
    3 – Cause Of Causes
    2 – The Young Master
    1 – Houblon Des Obeaux

It would help me a little if people put their old votes up, when altering them so I’ve got something to compare.

Those depending on Bless The Wings he is now first reserve as Pendra is a non runner.

6 people voted for Pendra and he scored 21 with 1 Nap.

If people left instructions on amended votes or how their vote would look if Bless The Wing isn’t in the top 40. I’m now going to follow them.

Processing…….

36. Earthstopper says:

My final vote

6pts Regal Encore
    5pts Highland Lodge
    4pts Ucello Conti
    3pts Definitly Red
    2pts Saphir Du Rheu
    1pt Vieux Lion Rouge

37. Showlad says:

Showlad now at laptop and hope to deliver my final delibarations and verdict by midnight. Will include my summary and my Points so will post up on both threads.

Cheers and hope I can help us all out :) :)

38. sling-shot03 says:

This is by far the hardest Grand National I have ever tried working out any one of 17 horses could win and I’ve had to be ruthless to get down to 6.

1.6pts.Saint Are. No excuses this time he has his ground.
    2.5pts. Measureofmydreams. His third at Cheltenham is outstanding form and was surrounded by winners.
    3.4pts. Wonderful charm. I think this horse is crying out for further and is in great form at the moment.
    4.3pts.Baklion. This race looks tailor-made and is carrying a good weight.
    5.2pts.Vieux Lion Rouge.its favourite for a reason.
    6.1pts. Definitely Red.Goes into this race with a great weight.

Good luck everyone and hope you have a great day.

hellodandy
    Submitted on 2017/04/05 at 1:29 pm
    Love this blog and thanks everyone for the brilliant analysis

6 points Saphir
    5 cause of causes
    4 pendra
    3 houblon
    2 blaklion
    1 la vaticane

Since you’re the only one left hellodandy voting for Pendra I’m going to up those below Pendra by one and eliminate unless you want to sub it for something else.

Your new vote will look like this

6 points Saphir
    5 cause of causes
    4 houblon
    3 blaklion
    2 la vaticane

Sorry hello dandy didn’t spot your instruction will amend according to them now.

41. coate_rj says:

6 pts Vieux Lion Rouge
    5 pts Vicente
    4 pts Cause of Causes
    3 pts Blaklion
    2 pts Saphir De Rheu
    1 pt Highland Lodge

Good luck to one and all!

42. hellodandy says:

Thanks lucky

43. sling-shot03 says:

Thanks for all your hard work Lucky Vane or Neil :)

Sorry about the lateness. Have a mother with Parkinson’s to look after

All caught up and thank you harjake for putting your vote in the correct place or I would have missed it.

Good Luck with all bets, and hope they all return safely Horses and Jockey after the race.

46. Showlad says:

My vote coming in now Lucky Vane. Hope your Mum OK.

47. Showlad says:

OK Team here is the Grand National asessment and Top 6 from your Showlad ;)

1 point goes to RAZ DE MAREE superb staying power and good ground win at the Cork National and 2nd to Native in the Welsh. He may well not have his ground in the end but if there or therabouts near the finish you simply cannot rule him out clawing the opposition back.

2 points goes to HOUBLON DES OBEAUX great all rounder and comes here super fit. Has the TS if an open door falls his way near the finish and can’t be dismissed entirely.

3 points goes to DEFINITELY RED definitely progressive and I think the ground will be key. Gut says could figure even if not winning.

4 points goes to VICENTE now it’s either another Godsmejudge previous Scottish National winner huge disappoinment or he could run a very very big race. Has his ground. No excuses and comes in mega race fit.

5 points goes to BLESSTHEWINGS what is not to love about this sprighly 12 year old? If he makes the cut I can see a massive run and could well take the Gold.

6 points goes to SAPHIR DU RHEU sheer, sheer class and his TS and again class and his jockey could be very very telling if he’s around at the finish and could take the Grand National 2017 crown for this super talented horse.

48. Showlad says:

Sorry my Top Two swap places…

OK Team here is the Grand National asessment and Top 6 from your Showlad ;)

5 points goes to SAPHIR DU RHEU sheer, sheer class and his TS and again class and his jockey could be very very telling if he’s around at the finish and could take the Grand National 2017 crown for this super talented horse.

6 points goes to BLESSTHEWINGS what is not to love about this sprighly 12 year old? If he makes the cut I can see a massive run and could well take the Gold.

Still compiling data, she’s fine at moment but I better get on. No more votes now after Showlad.

Is it too late to change my one point selection from Wonderful Charm to Raz De Maree?