General horseracing and sport tips

Please add your non-GN tips etc to this page

1,105 Responses to General horseracing and sport tips

1. sling-shot03 says:

First and third for me have done ultra gold and Theatre territory in a Trixie with total recall and Vicente in the Scottish.

2. sling-shot03 says:

Have a free £20 bet wit bet 365 in the next Santini or Ok Corral

3. sling-shot03 says:

Get in Santini

I thought Santini wasn’t gonna do it for a minute there, well done Sling.
    My mates had a bet on Saint Are accidently not Ucello ;) is the nrnb thing possible on that bet365 offer and at this point? I know its not likely withdrawing Arnie, atleast he is a course specialist and I’m his no. 1 fan haha. Main thing with that pyramid offer is my big two I have a slip for! Hopefully I got my third and 4th choice haha. More bets tmw when the restriction my friend didn’t notice is lifted at about 4pm doh,.. ah dear ;) Ucello awaits any ground changes. Interesting Harry said not heavy.

If your mate is betting for you kj get him to r9ng em up about mistake;)

Wd sling

Jackie O day 1, a (posh) nanny from the 30s on day 2, what will Cesca wear tmw!?
    to be fair she does dress nicely, its just standing next to those council workers.

7. sling-shot03 says:

Cheers Mike.Three wins and a place Will try and make it four 5.45.Percy Prosecco 13/2 ew Nice wins to Mike N :)

Wd winners. Kateson ran a blinder in the last at 40/1 earlier. Thomas Patrick a mortgage horse tomorrow??!

9. marko says:

todays picks

2.25 Bettergetalong 40/1 / Brainstorm 50/1
    3.40 Ibis de rheu 8/1
    5.15 Final Nudge 50/1

GET IN. Monster bet landed. What a trainer. The mortgage is paid!!!!

Well done ST. Smart man Tom Lacey

And he goes in again at Chepstow. What a man. This guy is making me so much money.

Speedy Irish horses too much for one paced English plodding staying hurdlers

I have 8 backed. Raz, Tiger, Anibale, Baie, Milans,Total and Bless (and accidental Arnie bet ;) ) Its been tough day topped up to make profit if some low prices win. Good Luck team.
    News with Arnie! Dickie worries I had em too owner said no!
    TLS tactics I hope going back into paddocks

I hope the lad looks after Arnie, he was so pleased to get the ride.

I have a few accidental quid on him but I just want him cared for,… really backed 6 and a biscuit for Bless ;)
    Brough fancies SYAM.

Vicente EW @ 14/1
    Silsol EW @ 33/1
    Label Des Obeaux EW @ 40/1 & 33/1
    Regal Flow , Win only @ 33/1

20. mike campo says:

PS.
    Spoke to JJ this morning and Rocco still on target for Punchestown.
    Hoping its third time lucky with the ground and not another washout.
    Hope its enough of a stamina test on goodish ground but as JJ said, Nowhere else to go.
    Took 25/1 EW.

Mike N says:
    April 16, 2018 at 3:33 pm
    Corbs here’s mine…
    2000G Gustav Klimt 7-1, Saxon Warrior 7-1
    2000G Derby double. Saxon Warrior 25-1
    Oaks Wild Illusion ew 16-1

I nearly forgot, I had an Expert Eye 7-2 free bet as well when he was good.

Yep, I like Regal Flow mc. I could only snaffle 25′s though. Two so far.

Regal Flow @ 25/1
    Sizing Tennessee @ 20/1

Vicente 10-1
    Vintage Clouds 16-1

Has anyone got some basic stats/trends on the Scottish National or have i missed them?

Systemsman the trends seem to get busted every year for this, the 2 left it would seem are aged 7-11 and ran in the last 60 days.

I think Al Co was 104 days.

Was he? There you are another stat busted. ;)

It is a bad race for trends I agree. Having said that Al Co did break a number of trends that had been building in terms of days since LTO and furthest distance won or placed over.

I think from Run For Paddy through to Godsmejudge all the winners had either won or placed over 29f+ previously. Since then only Vicente has met this for his second win. However, Goonyella was a head second to Wayward Prince, Alvarado a fast running on second to Vicente and Godsmejudge was again a running on second to Al Co, so it does still seem that stayers will be payers.

Most winners with the exception of one or two have won a class 2 chase, even then of the two that didn’t win a class 2, one was unlucky by falling at the last and the other winner without a class two was winning over extreme distances in lower grade nationals. That,s over the last 20 years.

30. Lucky Vane2 says:

For Scottish National fancy Mysteree (EW of cos) . To be honest I fancy him for Aintree too, but suspected he’ll never make it.

The list of all SN horses who have won a class 2 at least:

Fact of the matter
    Rathlin Rose
    Glencairn View (Grade B in Ireland?)?
    Straidnahanna
    Mysteree
    Looking well
    Cogry?
    Henri Parry Morgan?
    Silsol
    West approach?
    Falsom Blue
    Sizing Tennessee
    Regal Flow
    Label Des Obeaux
    Doing Fine (have added this one as it was my very early fancy for the national and although not won a class 2 only beaten by a nostril by Rocky Creek at Sandown and does have winning form over extreme distances)

The question marks are ones I need to come back to as may dismiss.

In fact Scratch Straidnahanna!

Fact of the matter
    Rathlin Rose
    Glencairn View (Grade B in Ireland?)?
    Mysteree
    Looking well
    Cogry?
    Henri Parry Morgan?
    Silsol
    West approach?
    Falsom Blue
    Sizing Tennessee
    Regal Flow
    Label Des Obeaux

The question marks are ones I need to come back to as may dismiss.

Of the ones above Label Des Obeaux, make your own mind up but at this stage not for me.

I would ditch stats and use your brain and your gut.

And my brain and my gut says Trevor Hemmings will be smiling like this…… :D

Bear in mind the weather forecast is dry and mild Wednesday afternoon onwards so be wary about mudlarks like Mysteree and maybe Folsom Blue.

Kevski am I missing something , you don’t mention Vicente, Gold Present & Ballyoptic all Class 1 winners ?

My short list having lost Missed Approach AP

Already backed
    Vicente 12/1
    Gold Present 20/1
    Folsom Blue 14/1

Still looking at
    Ballyoptic
    Cogry
    Sizing Tennessee
    Regal Flow
    Vintage Clouds

Yes Corbs, Vicente if you believe can win again be my guest, and anything above Label Des Obeaux I am not looking at….yet. Vintage Clouds with all the decent races he has run in has still not managed to win a class 2.

Kevski
    I must admit I am unsure about Vintage Clouds for that reason and he doesn’t win much either, so probably won’t back him that was why he was listed 5th on my list of those pondering.
    Also given the above his price is poor value at 12/1.

Scottish National thread now live.

Also Vicente has a 3lb pull with Vintage Clouds and beat him by 14 lengths last time.
    We now have Scottish National Thread.

Classics Update:
    Looking for value:

Added :
    2,000 Guineas – Willie John £5 ew @ 40/1
    2,000 Guineas – Key Victory £10ew @ 25/1

Just heard the sad news that Giants Causeway has passed.

What a warrior he was. Won me a few quid in his day.

Just watched his Breeders Cup Classic defeat to Tiznow again.

Amazing he could produce that after being on the go for nearly seven months and running in what most have been something like his eighth or ninth Group 1 of the season.

Just incredible.

RIP Giants Causeway a true great.

45. sling-shot03 says:

Anna Nerium managed to get 66/1 i hope she goes in the 1000 Guineas :)

I thought the Nell Glwyn winner looked good.

Singlefarmpayment is officially a dog! He just doesn’t want to go past in a finish. He was all over Another Hero and didn’t want it. Note to self for next year’s GN!

Needs to go back to Tom Lacey and learn how to win again.

Well many are aware that if i lose the Grand National I often recover with a bet on the Eurovision Song Contest and have given the winner on here a number of times.

Well this year i need to recover nothing!! So we are going for the double whammy!!

I will only post this the one time only.

Israel to win the Eurovision Song Contest on 12th May 2018.

Poor price now but it still will be a lot better than what you will see on 12th May that’s for sure.

Don’t know if anyone else follows the snooker but Ivlove this fortnight and now the draw is out I’ve placed my bets.

8pts win Mark Selby @9/2. Should be favourite in my book as Ronnie doesn’t seem suited to these longer tournaments these days. The complete match player and the Crucible is made for him. His ability to grind out frames when he is not playing well is what sets him apart from his peers. A very strong fancy.

1.5pts ew Ding Juinhui @16/1. He’s been very strong in Sheffield these past couple of seasons when just being worn down by Selby. Doesn’t meet him until the final so 8/1 for the place looks huge. Won’t meet Ronnie until the semis and that’s if the Rocket sticks it out that long.

1pt Kyren Wilson @40/1. Would have been an each-way fancy but for being in the same half as Selby who he is due to meet in the quarters. I’ve long thought he has the game and temperament to win a World title. He can be inconsistent but if he gets into his stride in the first couple of rounds his match up with Selby could be a humdinger. Definitely the biggest threat to Selby in my opinion so has to be covered.

Good Luck all.